The latest release of the My Local Services App includes a number of updates, most notably the enhanced spotlights with recycling and waste notifications developed as a result of a collaboration with East Waste, Research & Development Scheme and the Local Government Association of South Australia.
This enhancement aims to boost recycling rates and further educate the community on correct recycling and waste reduction practices.
Download the free My Local Services app and you will have access to:
- Kerbside Collection Calendar – eliminating the need for a printed Calendar.
- Waste reduction and recycling tips aligned with weekly bin collection reminders.
- Notifications about Public Holiday collections and any changes to collection services.
- Links to waste and recycling information and which bin to place items in.
Other Council information available on the app includes:
- Near me – to discover nearby parks, playgrounds, libraries and events.
- Events – find out about Council events. These can be added to your device calendar and shared on social media.
- Report it – allows you to report issues to Council such as footpath maintenance, stormwater or parking issues.
Download the App
The app can be downloaded on iPhone and Android. Search ‘My Local Services’ in the App Store or the Google Play Store.
You can also visit www.lga.sa.gov.au/mylocal to download the app.