Why can’t tree branches and prunnings be collected through the Hard Waste collection service?
The City of Burnside and City or Prospect limits the collection of garden waste as they do not have their own transfer station facility. However there are alternative options for managing excess garden organics listed below:
Options for garden waste disposal:
- Chop up your tree banches and prunings and place them in your greed lidded food and garden organics (FOGO) bin.
- Lease a second or third greed lidded food and garden organics (FOGO) bin from Council.
- Use a mulcher to mulch your garden materials then use the mulch in your garden.
- Take the material to Adelaide City Council’s Green Waste and Mulch Depot– Corner War Memorial Drive & Bundeys Road- Ph: 8203 7203. Open Tuesday – Friday 7.30am–3pm, Saturday 10am–3.45pm, Charges apply.
The following locations also accept excess garden materials (fees may apply, please contact and check that locations are open):
- Adelaide Hills – Gumeracha, Woodside and Heathfield
- Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre
- Beverley Recycling and Waste Centre
- Lynton Green Organics Drop-off Facility
- Metro Waste
- NAWMA Edinburgh North Resource Recovery Centre
- Newton Transfer Station
- NAWMA Pooraka Resource Recovery Centre
- Wingfield Waste and Recycling Centre